What to Know About Self Defense
What to Know About Self Defense
- Most attacks begin with a conversation. Not all conversations lead to attack. How do you know when a conversation is going to go bad?
- How do you tell the good ones from the bad ones with plenty of time to keep you safe?
- How do you reduce the risk of being attacked and still be a player? And finally, you didn’t see it coming – they got you – now what?
Discover the answers to these and other questions in a 2 hour seminar with Shihan Michelle Gay, 5th Degree black belt, 5-time Women’s full contact champion and Certified Laban Movement Analyst.
* The material in this workshop was developed from Gavin De Becker’s – The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us From Violence (used with permission), principles of Laban Movement Analysis and Martial Arts. Through video, discussion, movement based experientials, and practical release, hit and run self-defense techniques participants are enabled to powerfully distinguish and disarm potentially violent situations.
Be prepared to think, move, laugh and kick some bad guy butt. Contact us to reserve your spot for the next workshop We will also come to your organization!
“As Director of Educational Programming at Broadway Dance Center, I am delighted to wholeheartedly endorse Michelle Gay’s “Safe And Sound” Seminar. I highly recommend the class for anyone who wants to feel more empowered and aware!”
--Bonnie Ericson - Broadway Dance Center-Director of Educational Programming
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
I Love it
the dojo is A place that i can call home and all the stuff go out they way to help you to help yourself they give you the proper tool for you can help yourself this is my 17th day and i love it its is something i wanted to do most of my life and the dojo is give me that chance so man woman or children can Benefit of this School of learning and I am a hard person to teach so they have patience and right way to teach Karate !! so if I can learn Karate here you can too ps . loving this Karate-Do Ken Wa Kan thank JOHN ROSA
On Sundays, Sempai Augusto holds his cardio training/sparring class and it is always worth it! The class balances the practicing of sparring techniques with calisthenic exercises designed to build strength and endurance. I always look forward to this as a way to start my week. There is always a positive and spirited energy in the instructors that rubs off on the people attending. I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants a practical class to work on foundational sparring techniques, or those who want to get into better shape to help them in regular training classes.
getting here wasnt half the battle, the class was the whole thing
Always love sempai augustos class for a good workout! So fun! I feel great!!
- Registered Somatic Movement Educator
- Certified Laban Movement Analyst
- Two-Time Women's International Knockdown Champion
- Three-Time Women's Knockdown Champion
- Five-Time International Kata Champion
- Specialized Preventative Self Defense Program Founder And Expert