What to Expect
What to Expect from KWK
What you can expect training with us at Karate-Do Kenwakan
- Professional and respectful personalized instruction from qualified and knowledgeable instructors.
- A substantial increase in your fitness level and coordination.
- An increase in self-confidence and peace of mind.
- A higher level of focus and self-awareness.
- A structure that works with you and challenges you to develop yourself physically and mentally.
- A community that supports your accomplishments and appreciates your commitment to developing yourself.
Ken Wa Kan Karate empowers children at the earliest ages to be focused and aware of themselves in their environments, be kind and respectful of others and, ultimately be responsible and empowered leaders in the world.
Students are trained in traditional Japanese karate kata, fighting skills and traditional Okinawan weapons. Through the rigors of this training system they develop strength, agility, and a physical intelligence that is relevant everywhere in their lives. All of this is carried out in an atmosphere of enthusiasm and cooperation.
At the highest level Ken Wa Kan students are leaders in the dojo, at school and in their communities.
KIDS DAY CAMP
Our full camp day from 8:30am-4:30pm*, is exciting and challenging for all ages and levels. Campers are immersed in all aspects of Karate and Jedi training and Karate and Jedi arts and crafts, innovative mat games like Intergalactic Space Battle, Sumo Wrestling and Ninja Flags.
Once a week we have a Field Trip & Picnic to exotic Borough locations such as Far Rockaway Beach, Central Park, Liberty State Park and The Bronx Zoo.
Enrollment is flexible and our convenient Union Square location allows easy access for parents who work in Manhattan.
*Extended hours available.
We are conveniently located near Union Square and all major subway lines.
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
I Love it
the dojo is A place that i can call home and all the stuff go out they way to help you to help yourself they give you the proper tool for you can help yourself this is my 17th day and i love it its is something i wanted to do most of my life and the dojo is give me that chance so man woman or children can Benefit of this School of learning and I am a hard person to teach so they have patience and right way to teach Karate !! so if I can learn Karate here you can too ps . loving this Karate-Do Ken Wa Kan thank JOHN ROSA
On Sundays, Sempai Augusto holds his cardio training/sparring class and it is always worth it! The class balances the practicing of sparring techniques with calisthenic exercises designed to build strength and endurance. I always look forward to this as a way to start my week. There is always a positive and spirited energy in the instructors that rubs off on the people attending. I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants a practical class to work on foundational sparring techniques, or those who want to get into better shape to help them in regular training classes.
getting here wasnt half the battle, the class was the whole thing
Always love sempai augustos class for a good workout! So fun! I feel great!!
- Registered Somatic Movement Educator
- Certified Laban Movement Analyst
- Two-Time Women's International Knockdown Champion
- Three-Time Women's Knockdown Champion
- Five-Time International Kata Champion
- Specialized Preventative Self Defense Program Founder And Expert